Yes , many of us have been shocked by the harsh reality that hair doesn’t really stay on our head after a certain age . Since we cannot change our body’s ( over) reaction to it , all we can do is slow it down . Wondering , how could we possibly do that ? Just make these 5 simple changes in your lifestyle :-
The saying that goes “ you are what you eat ” holds true here . All girls ( & guys ) who dream of growing strong , healthy hair should make sure to include the following in their diet :-
- Sprouted green gram
- Mulitivitamin tablets
- Food rich in iron like green spinach , dates , meat products , etc
- Dandruff control
Thanks to our comfort seeking behavior under the AC at all times , we have been generously blessed with showers of dandruff ( AC makes our scalp very dry ) . Here are a few natural hacks to reduce it :-
- Apply fenugreek powder to the scalp & wash it off after 30 mins .
- Application of olive oil for 30 minutes
- Pulp of aloe vera for 30 minutes have been known to reduce dandruff & have a soothing effect on the scalp .
- Clean your comb at least once a week ( if possible after every time you comb )
Its often impossible to keep yourself from blow drying your hair or ironing it especially if you have frizzy , curly hair . But daily refuge under these could lead to excessive drying of hair & can lead to easy breakage .
- Cover hair while going out during the summer
- Use a satin scarf or pillowcase
- Minimize the amount of blow drying / ironing per week
Some of us have a habit of shampooing our hair once in 2 days . This not only “cleans” our hair but also strips our hair of its natural moisture & oils required for its growth .
- Limit the number of shampooing
- Use a shampoo according to your hair type .
Stress is also known to cause severe hair fall . Its is difficult to not get stressed in a world which never seems to run out of ambitious competitors
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes a day
- If you c an’t set apart time for meditation , take deep breaths during your work hours .
Take up a hobby you always wanted to follow but couldn’t like photography , writing , handicraft , etc.
But hairfall can also be due to an underlying disease like hypothyroidism , anemia , Vit D deficiency , etc . So make sure to get yourself tested if the hairfall is too severe .
We are all humans & tend to get envious of others . But make sure you thank God for what he has blessed you with among many who are not so privileged .