Tips to make traveling with your children more enjoyable for both of you
Are you planning a vacation with your children?? Here are some tips to make your vacation or trip more enjoyable.
- Planning is key when traveling with kids. Start by making a master list of absolutely everything you will need to take with you.
- Here are some things that you may want to consider bringing with you: crib sheet, favorite stuffed animal, pediatricians phone number, child’s pillow, any medications, etc.
- Whether you are traveling by car or by plane, have a little surprise for each child that you can pull out if things start going crazy. Stcikers, coloring books or quiet games are
- If you are planning a long drive, consider leaving at nighttime and letting your children sleep in the car. (You’ll be tired, but they wont be!!)
- Rent some books on tape to listen to in the car.
- Pack a cooler with juice boxes and snacks so that you wont have to stop every time someone is hungry or thirsty.
- If your kids are old enough, let them track your progress on a map as you go.
- Give each kid a disposable camera to record their trip.
- Give each kid a souvenir allowance ahead of time and tell them that when it is gone, that’s it.
- Call the hotel ahead of time to confirm any last minute details. This will help to avoid any unpleasant surprises once you get there.
- Make sure to bring extra formula, diapers, etc. If you have to buy them at a hotel you will end up paying much more for them.
- Teach your kids the car games you played when you were younger and the songs that you sang. Start your own travel traditions… maybe it’s ice-cream everyday or buying funny postcards. These are the things that your kids will remember.