A beautiful smile offers us nutrition for the maintenance of our overall health. But more significantly it improves the social interactions and enhances the self-esteem.
Our mouth serves as the window to the rest of the body which offers the symptoms of the overall health conditions. For example, the bleeding or pale gums can be the sign of low bone level which can indicate osteoporosis apart from blood disorders. The poor oral health is linked with major chronic ailments.
Though regular brushing and flossing along with sticking to the mouth-friendly foods, often help in the maintenance of your oral health, there are still times when you have to wake up in the middle of the night because of an excruciating toothache.
Naturally, it will be hard to get an appointment at the wee hours of night. So here are some home remedies that can enable you to take care of your oral health with the easy-to-fetch home remedies. Just take a look.
- Cloves – Teeth decay is one of the major causes of toothache and the first remedy is a very handy ingredient that you will find in the kitchen and that happens to be clove. They not just help you to numb the toothache, but their anti-bacterial properties assist you to do away with the toothache as well. For this, you need half a teaspoon of honey, 3 drops of clove oil and 2-3 drops of sesame oil. Then dab the cotton to the area affected and that will heal within just a few days.
- Neem – The second ayurvedic remedy is neem which is a plant that consists of the antibacterial properties. In the earlier times, the neem twigs were used for brushing the teeth instead of the toothbrush. You can chew the neem leaves, neem bark, boil neem leaves in water and even chew the neem twigs. This will ensure that you have both healthy gums and teeth.
- Turmeric – The turmeric is considered to be the most common natural solution to most ailments. It is said to have antibacterial properties. You can apply a turmeric pinch everyday to the tooth that is affected. Then you can rinse the mouth with warm water and you will feel that the residual pain emerging from your cavity gradually subsiding over the next few days.
- Sesame Oil Pulling – Oil pulling is one of the most popular remedies for tooth decay. You should rinse the teeth with the sesame oil for 20 minutes and that is sure to assist in curing the agonising tooth decay. Ensure you don’t ingest the oil. It is also going to whiten the teeth and clean them in a natural way. You can brush your teeth after this to do away with the oil flavour in the mouth.
- Lemon Juice and Salt – The lemon juice assists in killing the bacteria present in the cavity and the salt soothes any inflammation sign. For this, you need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of salt. You should apply this on the tooth that is ridden with cavities twice. This is one solution that also helps in whitening the teeth. Now you can flaunt the pearly whites without hesitation.
- Powdered Egg Shells – You should take a couple of eggshells and wash them in a thorough way. Once they are dried, you should grind them to the powder form and fill ¼th of a cup with this powder for remedy. Just take 1 tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil mixed with the powder. Use this mixture to brush your teeth daily. Your cavities are going to be done away with before you know it.
- Cranberry – Some research shows that the cranberry can help in thwarting the gum disease by doing away with the bacteria sticking to the teeth. Not only that, studies have also brought to light the fact that the compounds with which cranberry is enriched also help in controlling the inflammation related with periodontitis.
The above are some of the home remedies that you can try for improving your oral health. But these remedies have limitations and if your oral problem still persists you should consult with the best dentist in Myrtle Avenue Queens before long so that your oral health can be restored.
Author Bio : –
Nitesh Ranjan is a digital marketing expert with keen interest on topics, trends and ideas related to brand promotion and advertising. He regularly shares information on the ways to market businesses across digital channels for better ROI, increased conversions and more sales. His blog can help anyone interested in boosting the online visibility in the digital world and eyeing access to a wider and bigger marketplace without spending big on marketing. Trust his digital marketing knowledge to enhance your brand’s presence on the internet.